Short-term scientific missions (STSM) are exchange visits between participants involved in a COST Action, allowing e.g. scientists and city partners to visit an institution, laboratory or city partner in another COST country. They are aimed at fostering collaboration, sharing new techniques and infrastructure that may not be available in other participants' institutions or laboratories. STSMs are intended especially for young researchers.
Sub-urban has completed a range of STSM's, the reports of which can be downloaded.
- Best practice for the monitoring and modelling of urban groundwater environments
- Review of Database Requirements to Support Ground Water and Integrated Modelling
- Management and access to subsurface data – lessons learnt from BSU Hamburg as a case study of best practice
- Urban typology for reviewing the state of the art in urban subsurface planning
- Delivery and impact of subsurface data in the absence of a comprehensive legislative framework – shared issues and difficulties in Odense and Glasgow
For further information on STSM's contact:
Johannes de Beer
MC Vice-Chair and STSM coordinator COST TU 1206 Sub-Urban
Norges geologiske undersøkelse
Postboks 6315 Sluppen
7491 Trondheim, Norge